Sunday, November 16, 2008

Good-bye my friend....


I never thought it would happen... completely unexpected...my best friend Tamara packed her bags and left Georgia! Who leaves Georgia?... I guess those that can't get Utah out of their system... that's who. I took for granted that Tamara lived two miles away, it's not as if we saw each other daily... but it was always so comforting to know she was there!... you know just in case Mark and I had a silly squabble that Tamara could referee on or "oh my gosh Tamara this mother thing is getting the best of me - can we go to lunch" or "Tamara you drove 350 miles with our car keys in your car can you go delta express them so we can drive home" or "Tam can you bring the girls over, my kids need a boost and want to babysit" the list is actually endless! Life as we knew it here in Georgia has suddenly changed and I am not talking the election! My life has been better because of Tamara, I knew she always had my back, I knew that whatever I was or wasn't she still loved me, that even though I have some BIG quirkiness about me she enjoyed that quirkiness. It was nice to have someone around who knew half of your life...literally. Someone who witnessed the birth of all your children and could tell them about it. I know all of us Georgians blessed by Tamara's influence feel the same, we all have a bit of emptiness, sadness (and again I am NOT talking about the election). I know it will all be okay... thank heavens for Skype, texting and air travel! I really wanted her influence for my kids...you know it "takes a village". I SO appreciated the friendship she cultivated with my kids...what can I say???...WE LOVE YOU TAMARA AND FAMILY!! WE WILL MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!

1 comment:

Tamarama said...

Am I really wearing a BOW TIE in that picture? Ohmyfreak, I am so lucky you would deign to hang out with me and all my quirkiness over these many years! You know how for three weeks since that fateful, life-changing, Utah-inducing phone call of October 21, I haven't let myself cry? Whenever I started chokin' up I would tell myself that it wouldn't do me any good to cry ('cause it wasn't about to take away the sadness), that I probably shouldn't let the girls see me distraught, and that if I started I might not be able to stop anytime in the foreseeable future! Well, the problem with holding it such a large amount of emotion is that eventually it WILL come out, and it may not be at the most convenient of times. Well, my emotionally dam broke just after we stood on the porch to wave goodbye to all you Josies as you drove away from our house on Friday night. I walked into the house with the girls, shut the door behind us, then promptly fell to the floor sobbing! The girls' reaction was funny: they stared at me for about a half a minute with perplexed looks on their faces, before Jessica finally asked quietly, "Are you crying?" When I answered, "Yes," she then asked, "Why????" B"ecause I love the Josies so much and it makes me sad to move away from them." The girls both then walked over to me, patted and hugged me, and then Jessica said in wonderment, "I didn't know moms did that." That cute statement from her was enough to get me to stop the sobbing and start laughing.

Gosh, I so loved your post. It feels unreal and more than a little ridiculous to be leaving all we love in Georgia. But man, moving away from you is so hard that it feels like I've lost a limb. I just hafta keep reminding myself how great it was to have seven years of living within shouting distance of you. Thanks to you and Mark, we uprooted from Happy Valley and embarked on a wonderful life in the South! I had two kids and turned 40 and your kids grew old enough to be the world's GREATEST babysitters and we discovered Korean body-scrubbing and the list could go on and on...suffice it to say that our lives are and always will be better for our connection to ya'll!