Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas in Utah

Snow is one of my favorite things in the world! It's one of the things I miss about living in Utah! We were so excited to stay at Sundance the week before Christmas!! We used the time to ski, snowboard, be together, eat and have a blast!!
The night we arrived at Sundance, we turned a corner and our car slipped into a ditch... we were stuck for an hour and a half. We called AAA for a tow truck and while we were waiting for it to arrive we were lucky enough to be rescued by a big tractor that was heading up to scrape Robert Redford's driveway.
We had some of the best snow of our skiing life at Sundance!! It was pure powder up to our waist!! It was awesome!! We had so much fun!!
We ate Christmas Eve dinner at Sundance. We had a special table right by a roaring fire to help keep us warm.
We left Sundance on Christmas day and went to Christmas dinner at Mark's parents. They were very thoughtful and invited my parents to the festivities. We had so much fun being with everyone!!
We spent time with my parents and my niece, Lacey. She brought over her little 13 month old son Davey... he is SO cute!! The only one he wanted anything to do with was his mom and for a few seconds Jack! My other niece Lyndsie and her husband Johnny came over a few days later...unfortunately I didn't take any pictures :(
Tamara came over with her girls and we had a good visit... although it wasn't long enough!! In a couple of the pictures you can see Jessica (the 6 yr. old) trying her best to give Jack a kiss...he's fighting her off but I think it's just for the cameras!! I'm sure he enjoyed every minute of the attention!
We want to make sure the Chase family knows how much we appreciate them letting us (and our dog) stay with them for a whole week!! We pushed people out of their beds, stayed up way too late, almost watched doggy porn...but we had a TON of fun!! We love you guys!! We love all our family in Utah, Washington and California!! We MISS YOU!!
Brynn took some beautiful photos while we were at Sundance. She has quite the talent!!

2 comments:

Tamarama said...

K, the pics of Jess trying to wrestle Jack into submission are great, but I just wanna state for the record that I'm not sure who was more adamant about kissing who: Jessica kissing Jack, or Larae kissing me...

I'll bet your sweet mom gave me 40 hugs and kisses in the time I was there! Now if that is what dementia causes her to do, then we've all got it good.

Sure loved seeing my Juicys, and can't wait for it to happen again!

Tamarama said...

K, just hafta say it...I really thought the nut cups would get SOME mention.