Two and a half years ago my yearly physical presented me with a cholesterol rate of 300 (Thank You heredity). Having lost a brother to a heart attack, another brother who had a heart attack, and both parents that struggle with heart/cholesterol problems I knew this was nothing to mess with!! EVERY cholesterol lowering drug I tried made my joints ache something fierce... I needed another course of action! Every time I went to the post office I passed this Bikram yoga studio...
I thought "how interesting I will have to try that some time..." This was now
my time. I was ABSOLUTELY meant,prompted,blessed to find BIKRAM YOGA!! Within 6 months of diligent attendance my cholesterol lowered 70 points and nearly 3 years later my cholesterol is in check, I have lost 26lbs., and I have never felt better! The lessons I have learned in my practice are irreplaceable. My body feels completely out of whack if I don't practice 3 times a week...I am addicted. I feel VERY blessed to have found
this studio and its AWESOME instructor Jenny!!
(more to come on Jenny...) I also feel VERY blessed that my cute husband LOVES Bikram Yoga as well... every Saturday morning we are in that HOT yoga studio together!!
the pictures of us below are imposed onto a photo from a Bikram Yoga book...we're not that good!!or that tan!!
1 comment:
I am so glad you have a blog! It's such a good way to keep in touch! By the way, you may not be as tan, but your body is way better than the body in the picture!
Post a Comment