Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's the Little Things...

The days of diapers, standing on the dishwasher door, chucking food, and instant smiles at the sight of my face, are long gone in this house. My motherly self esteem occasionally suffers from the eye rolling, "oh mom", and my favorite "your not pronouncing AEROPOSTALE right."
One of my many struggles/trials is every night when I spoon my man, I tend to dwell on my weaknesses and the things I'm doing wrong as a mother. This nightly ritual has produced absolutely NO positive benefit, for myself or my children. With the assistance of a cute husband, patient children, and a loving Heavenly Father I am trying to change this negative thought pattern.
So when I receive a gift, such as this plaque Brooke made, I see that I really am an okay mom...and... my self esteem is intact...even if I can't pronounce the name of certain retail stores.

1 comment:

Tamarama said...

K, is that the cutest DAMNED thing or WHAT?????? Love that girl. Love, love, love that girl. And your post about them not lighting up every time they see your face...ah, to be a parent is to be constantly infatuated, and frequently heartbroken. Sigh

P.S. I'm lovin' on your new blog header! Sooooo cute. Am wondering if the kids fretted and fretted over which pic you put in of them!