Thursday, January 22, 2009

Storms...

This week has been a tough week...Mark has been out of town all week, I am in a seasonal "funk" and to top it off I've had some less than stellar moments as a mother!

It seems I have forgotten our family creed "Stop Searching for Storms and Seek the Sunlight" In an effort to seek that Sunlight I wanted to try and change my "funk" and express my gratitude, to my Heavenly Father, for ALL that he has blessed me and my family with! I am OVERWHELMED at his unconditional love!
This week we have been reading one of my favorite sections in the Book of Mormon I am so grateful that each time I read this book I understand it more and find SO many applicable life lessons!

My cute mom celebrated her 82nd birthday this week!! I am so grateful for her and her faithful example! I aspire to be all that she is!!


I think this post helped me move a step closer to seeing that sunlight. I hope you can see your sunlight!!


2 comments:

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH too bad we couldn't have been there this week watching your kids so you could be in the sun away from the storms! You're such a good mom, I truly have always looked up to you! You must get it from your mom because she is one of the sweetest ladies I've met. Wish we were there... but if you guys are still planning to come here Mark and I would love to take the kids all out one night! Keep us updated. Love you guys!

cheryl said...

Hang in there Gert. You are such a cute mom :)